Monday, July 12, 2010

Comics strip for Nanamation?

When I go to comic cons a lot of people ask if Nanamation will be doing any comics or stories? I usually tell people "no" because I rather do the art and I am not much of a writer. I mean, I went to art school so I can avoid writing essays. However,  a while back I did a comic book called 'Nan and the Flies' that I gave away FREE. That was pretty fun. It was basically about me as a child catching flies. I had this weird obsession with catching flies. It's a long story.

Anyway I wanted to explore that area so I decided I'll try a few this month and see where it goes.

Here is two of them....


This one is called "What's for lunch". Growing up I wanted to have such a normal sandwich lunch! Instead I always got something with rice. Typical Asian mom!




















This next one is called "comfort food". My husbands comfort food was grilled cheese sandwiches.  One of mine was boiled octopus w/rice and some hot sauce of course! YUM!